How Does Hypnosis Work?
Anyone who’s lulled a child to sleep with a bedtime story, used an analogy to convey a new idea, or watched a movie or TV, has used techniques similar to those used during Hypnotherapy.
When you’re in a Hypnotic state, you’re able to pay closer attention to your own sources of information and guidance. You can enable your unconscious mind, where all your deeply held beliefs, behaviors, and habits are stored, to make positive changes more easily.
Does Hypnosis Work?
Yes, all Hypnosis is Self-Hypnosis, so having a desire and commitment to make the changes you want to make is key. Hypnosis is a natural ability and skill that can be improved with practice (like anything else).
Sometimes clients aren’t sure if they were hypnotized because they remember most of what was said during the trance work (trance is another word for Hypnosis), or they don’t remember anything that was said. You are actually Hypnotized in both of these cases. Here’s why you shouldn’t be misled by these two signs.
Does Online Hypnosis Work?
Yes, you can be Hypnotized online. There’s no difference in the benefits and effectiveness of in-person and online Hypnosis sessions (other than the bonus of being able to relax during and immediately after the session in the comfort of your own home).
Deborah has offered remote sessions with clients around the world since she started her practice in 2008, and uses Zoom (unless you prefer phone or Skype).
You’re able to lay down or lean back, resting comfortably as you experience Hypnosis. (Another bonus: If you like, you can take a nap after the session for deeper integration.)
Is There Research?
Hypnosis has been an accepted therapeutic intervention by the American Medical Association since 1952, and is used by many professional athletes and artists.
According to a study:
93% recovery after 6 sessions — Hypnotherapy
72% recovery after 22 sessions — Behavior Therapy
38% recovery after 600 sessions — Psychoanalysis
In this article in The Wall Street Journal, David Spiegel, a psychiatrist and director of the Center for Health and Stress at Stanford University who has studied Hypnosis for 40 years says, “We can teach people how to manage pain and anxiety.”
The same article cites two studies from Sweden that found that one hour a week of hypnotherapy for 12 weeks eased symptoms of irritable-bowel syndrome in 40% of patients (compared with 12% in a control group) and that the positive effects can last as long as seven years.
What Are The Potential Benefits Of Online Hypnosis?
Self-Hypnosis supports a range of issues including, but not limited to:
- Stress relief
- Depression and anxiety relief
- Fear of public speaking
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Peak performance & creativity (for artists, athletes, writer’s block, etc.)
- Relationship issues
- Decision making & strengthening intuition
- Phobias (fear of flying, needles, heights etc.)
- Weight management & eating issues
- Smoking cessation
- Fertility, pregnancy, and childbirth
- Pain relief
How Can Online Hypnosis Help Me?
If you’ve unsuccessfully tried making a change using will-power or other methods using the conscious/analytical mind, you might be using the wrong part of your brain to solve the problem!
The conscious/analytical mind is 5-10% of your brain, and the unconscious mind is the other 90-95%, where your deeply held beliefs, behaviors, patterns, and intuition are stored. Online Hypnosis is a tool to help you soften the analytical mind and explore making positive changes in your unconscious mind.
Deborah incorporates many Self-Hypnosis Techniques, including EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique or tapping) and NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) into your session. These Self-Hypnosis Techniques will help clear the issue or challenge you’re dealing with during the session.
You can also use these techniques to extend the effects of your Hypnosis sessions, so that you’ll have tools you can use on your own.
What Should I Expect in My Online Hypnosis Sessions?
For example, you can request help with a challenge, goal, or physical issue. Hypnosis is a powerful tool for many issues including: anxiety and depression, public speaking, insomnia, writer’s block, grief and sadness, and confidence/peak performance.
The online Hypnosis sessions and Self-Hypnosis Techniques are tailored to your individual needs, learning style, and issues, empowering you so you can take control and be your best.
How To Get Hypnotized Online:
Here’s how to prepare for your online Hypnosis session:
- Have headphones handy. as well as pen/paper.
- Set aside time for the session when you can focus and be in a place that offers quiet and privacy. A comfortable chair, sofa, or bed to sit or lie down (head support is recommended) is ideal to help you get in a relaxed state of mind.
- Make sure you’re in a space where you won’t be interrupted (even by your pet).
- Turn off your phone or anything that makes a sound.
- Go to the bathroom beforehand.
- If you wear glasses, you can take them off when we do the formal trance work so you can be more comfortable.
Online Hypnosis Bonus Options:
The virtual session format offers the opportunity for Deborah to integrate much more into Hypnotherapy sessions in a way that she wasn’t able to in person. These optional bonuses include offering Reiki and Tao Hands during the guided Hypnosis trancework.
Many clients enjoy maximizing the effects of the online Hypnotherapy session by incorporating energy healing and soul healing, as it encompasses a comprehensive soul|heart|mind|body approach. Deborah will give you these options at the beginning of the treatment so she can best personalize the session to support you.
What Can I Do To Maximize The Effects Of My Online Hypnosis Session?
- Do something to help you center yourself and quiet your mind. For example, you could meditate or offer a prayer or intention beforehand.
- Reflect on your commitment and/or any resistance to healing yourself (and feel free to share anything that might be useful with Deborah).
- Music can be a powerful mood shifter. Play something that you find relaxing.
- Journal about the focus of your session beforehand, or insights after.
- Take a nap after the session; so much is processed when you sleep.
- Additionally, before you go to sleep at night you could set your intention to gently continue processing everything from the session while getting deep, restorative sleep.
Deborah also emails you after your sessions with additional recommendations to prolong the positive benefits of your session. Here are things to do and notice to make the most of your online Hypnotherapy sessions.
How Many Online Hypnosis Sessions Will I Need? Does It Wear Off?
Everyone changes differently, but 4-6 sessions is the average (with chronic issues often taking longer than acute issues), and you will receive a personalized recommendation after your first online Hypnosis session. Hypnosis doesn’t wear off but secondary gain can be a factor. Occasionally, clients find a refresher session or sessions helpful to reinforce the changes they’ve made or if new triggers arise related to the original issue.
What is Past Life Regression?
Past Life Regression is one of many techniques under the umbrella of Hypnosis. It allows you to explore past life identities and events that may be related to current life challenges, as well as offering untapped resources and a broader perspective.
Where Can I Find More Information About Online Hypnosis?
Find out more about Hypnosis:
- The 3 Biggest Misconceptions of Hypnosis (Hint: it’s not like what you see in the movies!)
- Does Hypnosis Work? Don’t Be Misled By These Two Signs
- Does Hypnosis Wear Off?
- How to Maximize the Effects of Your Hypnosis Sessions
- Getting Started With Mindfulness: Hypnosis & Meditation Tools & Resources
- Soul Healing: How to Heal Your Soul
- Virtual Soul Healing Events
The way online Hypnosis works complements the way Reiki, Tao Hands, and Flower Essences work.
Interested in a combination of Reiki Distance Healing with your virtual Hypnosis session? Deborah often intuitively combines her sessions and gives you the option when you book.