Changes You Might Notice & Ways to Prolong the Effects
What to Look for After a Session
After a Reiki, Tao Hands, or Hypnosis session your body, mind, heart, and soul continue to rebalance over the next few days, and even weeks, if you consciously support the process. Pay special attention to any little shifts or bigger changes related to the issue you focused on transforming in your sessions, as well as more general changes.
For the Body
- More restful sleep
- More energy
- Reduction in swelling/pain
- A positive change in acute or chronic symptoms
For the Mind
- Improvement in mood/attitude
- Feeling calmer in stressful situations
- Having more focus or clarity
For the Heart
- More openness in the heart
- A decrease in depression or anxiety
- Increased self-compassion
- A stronger connection with others and the world around you
For the Soul
- A sense of peacefulness
- Feeling more grounded and centered
- Increased intuition
- A deeper alignment with your true self
- A connection to Spirit | God | the Universe | Mother Earth | or a higher power
When Discomfort After A Session Is A Good Sign
Discomfort later that day or the next few days is also good, as it can mean the session is starting to help your body rebalance itself and that emotions and physical issues that have been held in the body are coming to the surface and releasing.
- Notice how you feel the next couple of days, noting any little changes (such as feeling a little clearer or more relaxed).
- Pay attention to how you sleep, and how you feel when you awaken.
- Rest if you feel tired, as fatigue is also a natural part of the body’s self healing.
- Continue to pay attention in the days ahead to anything that’s new and different.
Ways To Prolong the Effects
Your body, mind, heart, and soul continue to integrate the change work you do during your wellness session. Here are some easy, yet powerful ways you can prolong the positive benefits of your Reiki, Tao Hands, or Hypnosis sessions. Pick one or two things from the list below to create your own daily healing routine to keep the energy moving.
For the Body
- Drink more water than you normally do, as this helps you integrate and feel more grounded.
- Go to bed an hour early, or have an hour of quiet time before bed to unwind.
- Eat an especially healthy meal (e.g. extra veggies).
- Do Dr. Weil’s mindful breathing exercise.
- Do the Balancing Breath Technique Handout. (This is also great for releasing anxiety.)
- Try Donna Eden’s Daily 5-Minute Energy Routine for a week and notice its effects.
- Sit in a sauna for 10 minutes to support detoxification. (Check with your doctor if you have underlying health conditions.)
- Stretch, do yoga (e.g. a few Sun Salutations), or go for a walk for 10 minutes.
- Mindfully drink a detox or herbal tea and use this opportunity to pause and be present.
- How to Stay Grounded: 25 Easy Techniques
- Connect with nature and see how it changes your energy: get fresh flowers or plants for your home, walk by the river, spend time in a park, etc.
- Lay in the grass and imagine any negative emotions sinking into the earth and being recycled.
- Stand and lean against a tree and imagine your feet connecting to its roots.
For the Mind
- Make a list of 10 things for which you’re grateful.
- Make a list of 20 things that make you angry and/or pressures in your life. (This may seem counterintuitive but it can really help.)
- Unplug for a set period of time. Here’s a list of 35 Ways to Unplug From Too Much Screen Time.
- If you’re feeling anxious, pass a small object (a ball, your keys, etc.) from one hand to another, side-to-side, crossing the mid-line of your body. (This involves both sides of your brain, disrupting anxiety which is based only in one hemisphere of your brain.)
- Do one positive thing you might not normally do to be kind to yourself.
- Smile—it stimulates the production of mood enhancing endorphins.
- Don’t complain about anything for one day. (Extra credit: Make it a week.)
- Go on a one-day news fast. (Extra credit: Make it a week.)
- Uncommon Knowledge offers an extended list of Hypnosis downloads for a range of issues. While recordings aren’t able to be as personalized as a one-on-one Hypnosis session, they can be helpful between sessions, and to prolong the effects of your one-on-one sessions. [affiliate link]
For the Heart
- Practice the Heart Breathing Technique. (Bonuse: check out the best flower essences for balancing the emotions of the heart.)
- Dialogue with the heart, ask it what it needs. You could do this as a journal prompt and imagine having a conversation with your heart.
- Use Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT or Tapping) to help gently process your emotions.
For the Soul
- I offer a live, virtual free weekly meditation.
- Try the Insight Timer Free Meditation App.
- Download one of my Soul Healing Hypnosis & Guided Meditation Recordings around the most-requested topics.
- Pray or set intentions.
- Be inspired.
- Listen to uplifting, motiving or relaxing music or podcasts.
- Connect to your creativity (e.g. color, collage, knit, paint, craft, etc.).
- Here are some of my favorite books on self-healing & meditation, Reiki & Hypnosis, plant medicine & flower essences, trauma & pain relief, shamanism & the Divine Feminine, and many more wellness topics.
Again, these are some suggestions to help you integrate and process everything from your wellness session. Select one or two, or use this as a jumping off point to help you come up with additional ideas unique to your needs. Remember that acute conditions tend to balance more quickly than chronic conditions and 3 sessions is a good starting point to be able to evaluate your progress.
Let your intuition guide you and be gentle; healing happens in often unexpected and wonderful ways, so notice everything that’s new and different.