EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Technique, or tapping. This is one of the most powerful techniques I teach.
How Does EFT Work?
EFT involves tapping on powerful acupuncture points while repeating a phrase about whatever you want to change/clear. It’s based on the premise that every emotional upset causes an imbalance in the body. Research shows that emotional trauma and the stress that accompanies it contributes greatly to disease. EFT is able to rapidly reduce the emotional distress, allowing the body to rebalance itself and promote healing.
Over 20 clinical trials published in peer-reviewed medical and psychology journals have demonstrated EFT’s effectiveness in dealing with phobias, anxiety, depression, post traumatic stress, and pain.
How Do I Get Started?
- EFT Handout: Print this out or refer to it to get started on where to tap and exactly what to say
- An overview of EFT and explanation of how it works
- A 6-minute video on how to do EFT
- EFT video for kids
- Personal Peace Procedure
EFT Tips To Troubleshoot & Refine
Research: Reduces Stress Hormones
A milestone study in the prestigious and oldest peer-reviewed psychiatry journal, Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, has found that EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) significantly reduces levels of cortisol (your major stress hormone). Cortisol regulates a cascade of other biochemicals that affect everything from your digestive system to your musculoskeletal system. The study examined 83 people who received a single session of either talk therapy or EFT, and a third group that just rested. The study found that cortisol declined 24% in the EFT group, compared to 14% in the other two groups. People in the EFT group also had much greater reductions in anxiety, depression and other psychological problems.
You can read more about the study.
Best Books About EFT
- The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living, is a bestselling book by Nick Ortner. It addresses specific ways to use tapping to help with your health, finances, career, and relationships.
- The Tapping Solution for Weight Loss & Body Confidence was written by Nick’s sister, Jessica Ortner, to address how to use tapping with weight and food issues.
- The Tapping Solution for Pain Relief was also written by Nick Ortner to help alleviate chronic pain.
- Gorilla Thumps and Bear Hugs: A Tapping Solution Children’s Story by Alex Ortner
Interactive EFT Resources
- Nick Ortner also created a Tapping Solution App
- Tap with Brad: Brad Yates is a therapist and offers hundreds of free and paid tapping videos on YouTube for a range of issues.