It seems I’m not the only one who thinks the new year is a great time to learn Reiki. I’m excited by the interest I’ve been hearing from many of you, asking about upcoming Reiki I, II, & III classes.
The next beginner Reiki I class starts on Tuesday, February 3rd. (There are a few spots left.)
Reiki II starts on Tuesday, March 17th. Here’s what you’ll discover as you take your practice to the next level.
Reiki III starts on Tuesday, March 10th. This advanced training takes place over 4 months and is limited to 6 students. (It’s offered once a year, and there are payment plans available.)
You can book here if you’re ready to learn a powerful, yet easy way to take care of yourself, your loved ones, and/or for professional practice.
And let me know if you have any questions about any of the classes.
Over the next few months, I’ll be putting together a Beginners Series of articles for people new to Reiki (or who want to learn more about it). In this article, I’ll talk about what Reiki is, how it’s different from other kinds of integrative therapies, and what problems it can help you with (including 4 tell-tale signs you could use a Reiki session).
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a hands-on healing technique from Japan and means “transcendent life force” or “spiritual energy.” The practice of Reiki guides this “Ki,” or energy, that surrounds and permeates every living thing. In Chinese, it’s referred to as “Chi” or “Qi”—acupuncture and martial arts are examples of other disciplines that work with this life force energy that is in each one of us.
Reiki enhances wellness by helping your body balance itself, and enables you to take an active role in your health.
How is it different from other integrative therapies?
One of the major ways Reiki differs from other healing modalities, is that the practitioner isn’t directing the energy, or making decisions about what your body needs. The practitioner cultivates and works with Ki, acting as a channel for your body to take in what it needs to balance itself.
What can Reiki help me with?
Here are 4 tell-tale signs you could use a Reiki session:
1. Balance: You’re feeling out of balance in your life or with your health. For example, maybe you’re feeling too emotional, crying for no reason, or alternately, maybe you don’t feel in touch with your emotions, you feel flat or unmoved when good or bad things happen.
2. Intuition: Your intution is off and you don’t know what to do. For example, maybe you feel too swayed by others’ opinions, or when you try to make a decision you feel like your fears are interfering with your decision-making process.
3. Stress: You’re feeling really stressed and find it hard to switch off even during down-time or when it’s time to go to sleep.
4. Major-Life Change: You’re in the middle of a major life change, be it a health challenge, a recent break up, moving to a new place, or changing jobs, and you feel stuck or have trouble moving forward.
Reiki helps balance and shift your energy, and this shift allows you to get in touch with yourself in a deep, profound way. As a Reiki practitioner, I don’t heal people. Rather, the Reiki session enhances your access to yourself, and the healing unfolds from this inner connectedness.
Have a question about Reiki? Send it my way and I’ll answer it in the series. You can also read more about Reiki here and here’s a past article about what I learned about Reiki from my 95-year-old grandfather (he’s very wise!)
You can book here if you’re ready to experience Reiki for yourself.
Have something you want to change or work through, and you’re not sure if Reiki can help? Let me know and we can discuss it. I’m here to help!
Been practicing Reiki, and ready to deepen your practice?
Read on to discover 7 reasons to take a Reiki II class.
1. Learn to give a full Reiki session: you’ll give and receive a full Reiki table session. (This is usually a favorite.)
2. Discover the Absentee Reiki Healing Technique: this technique enables you to give Reiki to friends and family that live far away. Click here to learn more.
3. Practice working with specific kinds of energy: you’ll learn 3 symbols and mantras to help you develop sensitivity to different kinds of energy and be able to use the kind of energy you need in different situations.
4. Get back to your daily Reiki practice if you’ve moved away from it.
5. Develop a deeper connection to Master Usui’s inner teachings: this will provide you with a stronger foundation in your personal Reiki practice (not to mention your life).
6. Strengthen your intuition: Learn to trust yourself more as you connect with your mind/body/spirit in expansive new ways.
7. Be Reiki: become more balanced and mindful in your every day life.
Note to past students: want to reconnect with your practice and get some Reiki community love? Sign up to resit for 50% off.
You can book here if you’re ready to deepen your experience with Reiki.
Questions? I’m here to help, just let me know.
I just finished a great class this past weekend with the amazing trainer John Overdurf.
We talked a lot about how the brain works when we’re trying to make a decision, and ways to optimize this process so we can make better ones.
I always love John’s classes–he’s always finding new techniques to facilitate peak performance. In fact, he trains top CEOs (e.g. the head of Toyota).
Read on to discover how to make better decisions with hypnosis. I’ll show you an easy question you can ask yourself when you’re in the process of making a decision, as well as how hypnosis can put you in the right state of mind to have an Ah-ha moment.
Decision-Making Gone Wrong
We often forget a couple of key things when we make decisions.
1. We think that we can accurately predict the future, when actually variables are always changing (including us!). I know I’m guilty of often trying to live in the future–can you relate?
2. We often try to make important decisions when we’re stressed. When we’re in a negative state, such as feeling stressed, we’re only using half our brain (the dominant hemisphere). This severely limits our options.
So how to make better decisions with hypnosis?
Hypnosis helps us use both parts of our brain, activating the sub-dominant hemisphere. This helps us access our intuition and creativity, feeling relaxed and connected to ourselves.
Hypnosis also helps us reinterpret problems, noticing what is new and different. This is when the Ah-ha moments happen, and we can come up with solutions we never even considered before.
One Simple Question
Here’s a simple question you can ask yourself when you’re getting ready to make a decision. Hypnosis greatly facilitates this process, but you can do this on your own as well. Before you ask this question, do something to get yourself in a relaxed state of mind: maybe closing your eyes and taking a few deep breaths.
Then ask yourself:
What’s the smallest next step I need to take involving this decision?
So often we think too big picture, and we become overwhelmed and stressed. I’ve learned to ask myself this question whenever I’m working on a big project and find it really helps. It’s such a simple question, and yet it’s such a powerful way to retrain your brain (which is what hypnosis is all about).
Asking yourself this simple question makes it more manageable, and will give you more information to go on once you’ve completed this next smallest step as you engage in the process of making decisions.
Then you can repeat the question, step by step, working toward figuring out what you want to do and making better decisions throughout.
Need some additional help? Schedule a hypnosis session and we’ll work through the process together. I’ll also show you the Necker Cube technique to help further facilitate the A-Ha moment!