Lately I’ve noticed an increase in clients coming to me for Reiki for issues involving fertility, pregnancy, and delivery. Across the board, whether it’s getting pregnant; reducing symptoms like morning sickness, swelling, or back pain; or reducing pain and time in labor, feedback has been overwhelmingly positive so I thought I’d share.
Although this could take up much more than just one post, I’ll highlight key information about how Reiki can help you or someone you love with all things baby-related.
Reiki has been shown to be quite helpful with:
- Supports the endocrine system and helps your body bring itself into balance, including any hormonal imbalances (especially key for conception)
- Promotes balance and normalization of your body’s functions (In other words, if your body is in a state of optimum health, you’re going to increase your chances of getting pregnant.)
- Improves circulation and delivery of oxygen and nutrients to all the cells in your body
- Reduces your stress levels shifting out of sympathetic nervous system mode (fight or flight) into parasympathetic mode (rest and digest). Again, the less stressed you are, the more you’ll be able to significantly improve chances of conception.
Reiki helps alleviate pregnancy-related issues:
- Morning sickness
- Back pain (one client couldn’t believe how much better her back felt after just one session)
- Fluid Retention
- Encourages the onset of labor (at the appropriate time)
- Reduces labor time
- Assists with breast feeding/lactation issues
- Regulates menstrual cycle
- Supports the return to pre-pregnancy weight
- Reduces the chance of post-natal depression
To support your body and keep it healthy throughout the pregnancy process (from pre- to post-) I recommend a session every other week; weekly if you’re experiencing any of the symptoms above or are getting near your due date.
Have more questions about Reiki? You can read more about how Reiki works and what to expect, and here’s more about the top questions to ask to find a qualified Reiki practitioner.