EFT stands for Emotional Freedom Technique, or tapping. This is one of the most powerful techniques I teach.
EFT involves tapping on powerful acupuncture points while repeating a phrase about whatever you want to change/clear. It’s based on the premise that every emotional upset causes an imbalance in the body. Research shows that emotional trauma and the stress that accompanies it contributes greatly to disease. EFT is able to rapidly reduce the emotional distress, allowing the body to rebalance itself and promote healing.
Over 20 clinical trials published in peer-reviewed medical and psychology journals have demonstrated EFT’s effectiveness in dealing with phobias, anxiety, depression, post traumatic stress, and pain.
How Do I Get Started?
- EFT Handout: Print this out or refer to it to get started on where to tap and exactly what to say
- An overview of EFT and explanation of how it works
- A 6-minute video on how to do EFT
- EFT video for kids
- Personal Peace Procedure
Book recommendations for using EFT:
- The Tapping Solution: A Revolutionary System for Stress-Free Living, is a bestselling book by Nick Ortner. It addresses specific ways to use tapping to help with your health, finances, career, and relationships.
- The Tapping Solution for Weight Loss & Body Confidence was written by Nick’s sister, Jessica Ortner, to address how to use tapping with weight and food issues.
- The Tapping Solution for Pain Relief was also written by Nick Ortner to help alleviate chronic pain.
Want more interactive guidance? Here’s a good app and YouTube channel:
- Nick Ortner also created a Tapping Solution App
- Tap with Brad: Brad Yates is a therapist and offers hundreds of free and paid tapping videos on YouTube for a range of issues.