Fall is a nice time to snuggle up with a good book (ideally with a fire in the fireplace and a cup of tea!) and I’ve been reading a lot lately. Read on for my top 3 picks for books to help you find true health and balance.
1. May Cause Miracles: A 40-Day Guidebook of Subtle Shifts for Radical Change and Unlimited Happiness
by Gabrielle Bernstein
Gabby Bernstein believes that simple, consistent shifts in your thinking and actions can lead to the miraculous in your relationships, finances, body, and self-image. She offers a straight-forward plan to release fear and allow gratitude, forgiveness, and love to flow through you. Gabby makes change manageable, giving bite-sized exercises to do each morning and evening. I loved how the daily exercises built on each other over the course of 40 days, making transformation sustainable (and enjoyable!).
3. The Inner Heart of Reiki: Rediscovering Your True Self
by Frans Stiene
This book is a wonderful companion for the Reiki student and/or teacher who wants to dive deeper into their daily practice and expand their energetic understanding of Reiki. It’s a clear and concise guide to help you integrate the various components of the system of Reiki–the precepts, meditations, symbols/mantras, and hands-on-healing–into your sessions, classes, and most importantly, your life.
Frans Stiene, often referred to as “the Reiki Teacher’s Teacher,” takes his extensive research and grounded personal understanding and practice, and outlines a path of practice you can follow in his gentle, compassionate, and often humorous way. I found this book quite breathtaking. Breathtaking is the perfect word–this book reminds you to connect to your breath and your True Self while reading it. The book was truly wonderful, and something I’ll reread and refer to often as I expand my personal understanding of Reiki.
Bonus: The 5-Minute Journal
I wrote a past post about this but think it bears repeating. I loved hearing feedback from many people who are finding the 5-Minute Journal helpful: you can read more here about an easy way to let go of negative thinking and feel more positive in under 5 minutes a day. I’m so enjoying how it anchors the start and end of my day.
P.S. Want more recommendations? Here’s a previous post with 3 more books!
It seems I’m not the only one who thinks the new year is a great time to learn Reiki. I’m excited by the interest I’ve been hearing from many of you, asking about upcoming Reiki I, II, & III classes.
The next beginner Reiki I class starts on Tuesday, February 3rd. (There are a few spots left.)
Reiki II starts on Tuesday, March 17th. Here’s what you’ll discover as you take your practice to the next level.
Reiki III starts on Tuesday, March 10th. This advanced training takes place over 4 months and is limited to 6 students. (It’s offered once a year, and there are payment plans available.)
You can book here if you’re ready to learn a powerful, yet easy way to take care of yourself, your loved ones, and/or for professional practice.
And let me know if you have any questions about any of the classes.
I’ve been traveling visiting family over the holidays. It was wonderful spending time with them (especially in the balmy winter weather of Florida–in sharp contrast to the winter wonderland of the Hudson Valley pictured above), but now that the New Year’s confetti has settled, I’m starting to ease into 2015. How about you?
Here are 4 powerful ways I’ve found to help you start the new year right.
1. Try Hypnosis:
So often we think we need more willpower or discipline to overcome a bad habit, let go of a fear, or make a big life change. Find out why that’s not true in this article I wrote on how hypnosis can help you keep your New Year’s Resolutions.
2. Use the 2015 Create Your Shining Year Workbook & Calendar:
In case you missed it, I wrote about my #1 planning tool, and I’ve received lots of positive feedback from people who already started using it. Check it out.
4. Create a Gratitude Jar:
This has become an annual tradition. I love reading and remembering all the highlights from throughout the year.
Here’s to a fabulous 2015!
Been practicing Reiki, and ready to deepen your practice?
Read on to discover 7 reasons to take a Reiki II class.
1. Learn to give a full Reiki session: you’ll give and receive a full Reiki table session. (This is usually a favorite.)
2. Discover the Absentee Reiki Healing Technique: this technique enables you to give Reiki to friends and family that live far away. Click here to learn more.
3. Practice working with specific kinds of energy: you’ll learn 3 symbols and mantras to help you develop sensitivity to different kinds of energy and be able to use the kind of energy you need in different situations.
4. Get back to your daily Reiki practice if you’ve moved away from it.
5. Develop a deeper connection to Master Usui’s inner teachings: this will provide you with a stronger foundation in your personal Reiki practice (not to mention your life).
6. Strengthen your intuition: Learn to trust yourself more as you connect with your mind/body/spirit in expansive new ways.
7. Be Reiki: become more balanced and mindful in your every day life.
Note to past students: want to reconnect with your practice and get some Reiki community love? Sign up to resit for 50% off.
You can book here if you’re ready to deepen your experience with Reiki.
Questions? I’m here to help, just let me know.