Posted on March 30, 2020
Posted on December 18, 2015
|Virtual Hypnosis and Virtual Reiki sessions provide an opportunity to explore healing in a different and expanded way.
Virtual sessions take place in a liminal space. This is an in-between place, not here and not there, allowing for a greater sense of possibility, a threshold where your inner wisdom can bring you gifts you never envisioned before. It can help you trust yourself and go beyond the linear mind and the physical world, tapping into the interconnectedness of us all.
Many people are surprised to find no difference in the effectiveness and benefits, and many find them even more potent than in-person sessions for the following reasons.
Why Virtual Sessions Can Be More Potent:
- Staying in the comfort of your own home. No need to leave your session and re-engage with the hectic energy of the city right away.
- You have the option to take a nap and integrate the healing more deeply, similar to the final relaxation pose (Shavasana) at the end of yoga class.
- It brings a high-level frequency and vibration into your home, offering a unique way to clear your physical space.
- It sets aside the layer of personality for both you and me, allowing you to heal your soul/heart/mind/body with less interaction/disruption from the analytical/linear mind.
- I’m able to use additional powerful techniques and tools that I’m not able to use during in-person sessions.
- While I often share downloads that I receive during your in-person session, I email messages that I receive for you after your virtual session. This offers a more concrete way to anchor the healing, allowing you to go back and re-read and re-engage with the healing over time.
While these benefits are primarily geared to Reiki sessions, many apply to hypnosis sessions as well. (Virtual hypnosis sessions are almost identical to in-person. Although one client did find it easier to share details of a challenge virtually rather than in-person. )
Just like with an in-person session, we can address an issue that you want to heal. To give you some examples, clients have been focusing on relationship issues; public speaking; reducing anxiety/stress, insomnia, and back pain; boosting immunity and confidence; and being more present and grounded.
What Virtual Session Options Do You Provide?
- Option 1: Hypnosis via online or phone.
- Option 2: Hour Virtual Reiki/Tao Hands session
This includes time for a consultation–we talk by phone or online first, do EFT (tapping) or other self-healing techniques, etc. and then do Reiki/Tao Hands healing.
- Option 3: Virtual Reiki/Tao Hands: 30-minute session
You email beforehand to let me know if there’s anything you want the session to support, and I email you when I start and finish, and include any feedback/things I notice/messages I receive.
- Option 4: Virtual Reiki/Tao Hands: 15-minute session
Given the unique situation, I’m offering a 15 minute intro if clients new to distance healing want to try it, and we do it in the same way as option 3, just shorter. (I had one client request a 15-minute session daily while she was in the hospital so she received healing over time, so that’s another bonus option!)
What if I’ve always had my sessions in person?
Head over to my Distance Reiki page to read testimonials from several clients that have previously only had in-person sessions.
How Will I Know If The Distance Reiki Is Working?
I remember learning the Distance Reiki technique when I did my training years ago. I had a cold, so when we partnered up to practice the technique I asked for the session to help with this. We each went to different parts of the building where the training was taking place (so we would be “distant”). I was surprised to notice my congestion was alleviated, and I could breathe easier as a result of the virtual Reiki session.
When I was practicing using the Distance Reiki technique to get my certification, I used it with my next door neighbor who was experiencing intense back pain. He was pleased to notice the pain markedly lessened. Concrete, physical symptoms are a good way to trust Virtual Reiki because you can often measure the results right away.
A powerful and flexible way to take care of yourself.
You can read more about how Distance Reiki works, how to prepare, and what to expect, as well as how Virtual Hypnosis sessions work, how to prepare, and what to expect.
You can book here.
Gift Ideas for Health and Wellness
Here are some of my favorite gift ideas for health and wellness for the holidays–this list includes things I’m getting for my family and friends so hopefully they won’t read this!
1. A gift certificate: Give the gift of balance and relaxation with a Reiki, Reflexology, and/or Hypnosis gift certificate.
2. Books: My top picks for books to help you or a loved one find true health and balance. Want more recommendations? Here’s an earlier post with 3 more books.
3. 2016 Create Your Shining Year workbook & calendar: These are filled with dozens of pages of powerful worksheets & a printable calendar (I like the e-book version) to help create an inspired and shining new year.
4. Hypnosis Recordings: Here’s an extended list of hypnosis downloads for a range of issues. While not as personalized as an in-person hypnosis session, I like their recordings a lot, and bought one for my Dad to help improve his golf game. Talk about a unique gift idea! 🙂
5. The 5-Minute Journal: Feeling grateful once a day has been proven to raise your happiness set point, lower stress and boost immune function. It’s an easy way to let go of negative thinking in under 5 minutes, and has become one of my favorite ways to start the day. I’m buying this for my Mom and sis.
Posted on November 9, 2015
Fall is a nice time to snuggle up with a good book (ideally with a fire in the fireplace and a cup of tea!) and I’ve been reading a lot lately. Read on for my top 3 picks for books to help you find true health and balance.
1. May Cause Miracles: A 40-Day Guidebook of Subtle Shifts for Radical Change and Unlimited Happiness
by Gabrielle Bernstein
Gabby Bernstein believes that simple, consistent shifts in your thinking and actions can lead to the miraculous in your relationships, finances, body, and self-image. She offers a straight-forward plan to release fear and allow gratitude, forgiveness, and love to flow through you. Gabby makes change manageable, giving bite-sized exercises to do each morning and evening. I loved how the daily exercises built on each other over the course of 40 days, making transformation sustainable (and enjoyable!).
2. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing
by Marie Kondo
This guide to decluttering your home from Japanese cleaning consultant Marie Kondo takes you step-by-step through her revolutionary method. The key is to determine which items in your house “spark joy” (and which don’t). This book will help you clear your clutter and enjoy a calm mind, improve your ability to make good decisions, and be surrounded by things you love. I found this to be a powerful and simple way to process my past and the things that keep me from living in the here and now. This book is a way to reset your life, and gently let go of things you no longer need, creating a comfortable environment where you can relax (vs. having your home be a storage shed!). By putting your house in order (literally and figuratively), you’ll restore balance among you, your possessions, and your home.
3. The Inner Heart of Reiki: Rediscovering Your True Self
by Frans Stiene
This book is a wonderful companion for the Reiki student and/or teacher who wants to dive deeper into their daily practice and expand their energetic understanding of Reiki. It’s a clear and concise guide to help you integrate the various components of the system of Reiki–the precepts, meditations, symbols/mantras, and hands-on-healing–into your sessions, classes, and most importantly, your life.
Frans Stiene, often referred to as “the Reiki Teacher’s Teacher,” takes his extensive research and grounded personal understanding and practice, and outlines a path of practice you can follow in his gentle, compassionate, and often humorous way. I found this book quite breathtaking. Breathtaking is the perfect word–this book reminds you to connect to your breath and your True Self while reading it. The book was truly wonderful, and something I’ll reread and refer to often as I expand my personal understanding of Reiki.
Bonus: The 5-Minute Journal
I wrote a past post about this but think it bears repeating. I loved hearing feedback from many people who are finding the 5-Minute Journal helpful: you can read more here about an easy way to let go of negative thinking and feel more positive in under 5 minutes a day. I’m so enjoying how it anchors the start and end of my day.
P.S. Want more recommendations? Here’s a previous post with 3 more books!
Posted on January 12, 2015
It seems I’m not the only one who thinks the new year is a great time to learn Reiki. I’m excited by the interest I’ve been hearing from many of you, asking about upcoming Reiki I, II, & III classes.
The next beginner Reiki I class starts on Tuesday, February 3rd. (There are a few spots left.)
Reiki II starts on Tuesday, March 17th. Here’s what you’ll discover as you take your practice to the next level.
Reiki III starts on Tuesday, March 10th. This advanced training takes place over 4 months and is limited to 6 students. (It’s offered once a year, and there are payment plans available.)
You can book here if you’re ready to learn a powerful, yet easy way to take care of yourself, your loved ones, and/or for professional practice.
And let me know if you have any questions about any of the classes.