Lately I’ve noticed an increase in clients coming to me for reflexology for issues involving fertility, pregnancy, and delivery. Across the board, whether it’s getting pregnant; reducing symptoms like morning sickness, swelling, or back pain; or reducing pain and time in labor, feedback has been overwhelmingly positive so I thought I’d share.
Although this could take up much more than just one post, I’ll highlight key information about how reflexology can help you or someone you love with all things baby-related.
Reflexology has been shown to be quite helpful with:
- Supports the endocrine system and helps your body correct any hormonal imbalances (especially key for conception)
- Promotes balance and normalization of your body’s functions (In other words, if your body is in a state of optimum health, you’re going to increase your chances of getting pregnant.)
- Improves circulation and delivery of oxygen and nutrients to all the cells in your body
- Reduces your stress levels (Again, the less stressed you are, the more you’ll be able to significantly improve chances of conception.)
- This applies to your partner as well, studies have shown an increase in sperm count in men receiving reflexology sessions.
Reflexology helps alleviate pregnancy-related issues:
- Morning sickness
- Back pain (one client couldn’t believe how much better her back felt after just one session)
- Fluid Retention
- Encourages the onset of labor (at the appropriate time)
- Reduces labor time (One study found that 10 sessions reduced labor time by a third compared to the control group.)
- Assists with breast feeding/lactation issues
- Regulates menstrual cycle
- Supports the return to pre-pregnancy weight
- Reduces the chance of post-natal depression
Grasp your wrist. Twist your working hand gently back and worth so it covers all areas of your wrist. You can also press with your index finger and thumb on the top and bottom of your wrist for additional stimulation.
This stimulates and supports the reproductive system, specifically, the ovaries/testes and uterus/prostate reflexes, as well as key meridians that go from your arm down into your hand.
In addition to support for fertility and pregnancy, it’s great for reducing PMS, negative symptoms of menopause, and prostate issues.
Usually clients notice a nice influx of energy when they do this for a minute or so, a couple times a day.
To support your body and keep it healthy throughout the pregnancy process (from pre- to post-) I recommend a session every other week; weekly if you’re experiencing any of the symptoms above or are getting near your due date.